In the entry level consulting program, you join a cohort of talented and committed colleagues on a two-year journey designed
to develop you into a top consultant at IBM. IBM is transforming, and consultants play a critical
role in that journey.
With over 1,000 consultants on hundreds of different client projects, the entry level consulting program is an opportunity to experience a variety of roles, grow as a consultant and transform into an IBM leader. You are supported by program managers, peer buddies, project managers and extensive in-person training - beginning with boot camp to develop core consulting skills on day one. Each starting consultant is aligned to a practice where they develop subject matter expertise in one or more industries as they work on multiple projects during the two-year program. You will receive a collaborative, challenging and transformative experience.
IBM is now hiring entry-level consultants
- Join an elite development program, unmatched in the marketplace.
- Be part of a unique and specialized community; connect locally with your peers and managers.
- Foster your collaboration and networking skills with globally accessible teams.
- Develop a specialized skillset through experiential learning and a tailored education path.
- Experience a variety of role(s) and projects, as well as peer-led initiatives.
- Benefit from customized career planning and mentoring.
Our consulting program opens doors. Take advantage of this opportunity to broaden your expertise among a diverse and esteemed global network of colleagues. IBMers represent some of the most extraordinary, sophisticated and insightful people from around the world—mentors and connections that will continue to propel your career forward for a lifetime.
IBM is now hiring entry-level consultantsWe require:
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles or less) of one of the following cities: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Chicago (IL), Columbus (OH), Dallas (TX), Detroit (MI), Houston (TX), Jersey City (NJ), New York (NY), Philadelphia (PA), San Francisco (CA), and Washington (DC) and metro area. Please note that location availability is position dependent, and some locations may have limited availability
- Public Service Sector positions require U.S. Citizenship and relocation to the Washington, DC metro area
- Minimum 3.2 GPA Preferred
Think you're a good fit?
If so, we'd love to meet you in-person at one of the many schools, conferences and events that we'll be attending. All candidates must apply online. If we are at your school, you can apply through your school program.
Schools and events
Schools we plan to recruit at this fall:
- Adelphi University
- Auburn University
- Barnard College
- Baruch College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Clark Atlanta University
- Clarkson University
- College of William & Mary
- Columbia University
- Duke University
- Florida A&M University
- Florida International Univ
- Florida State University
- George Mason University
- George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- Georgia State
- Georgia Tech
- Howard University
- Howard University
- Indiana University
- James Madison University
- Johns Hopkins University
- North Carolina A&T
- North Carolina Central
- North Carolina State University
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State
- Pennsylvania State University
- Prairie View A&M University
- Rensselaer Polytech University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Southern Methodist University
- Texas Tech University
- TX A&M University
- Univ Illinois Urbana Champaign
- University of FL
- University of GA
- University of Houston
- University of Maryland - Baltimore College
- University of Maryland - College Park
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of North Carolina
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of South Carolina
- University of Texas - Austin
- University of Texas - Dallas
- University of Virginia
- University of Wisconsin
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Tech
- Wake Forest
If your school is not listed above, please visit ibm.com/careers to learn more about our entry level opportunities