The activation and management of IBM Express Managed Security Services for e-mail security is a five-step process. Note that in the description below, you are the "client," and the "client administrator" can refer to either the person in your organization whom you've designated or an IBM Business Partner who is administrating the service on your behalf.
- Client provides technical data necessary for service activation
- IBM enablement of the service
- Training of the client administrator
- Client enablement of the service
- Client administrator performs ongoing management of features
Details each step of this process follow.
Step 1: Client provides technical data necessary for service activation
Completion of a provisioning form is required by the client as part of the order and contract process. The client uses the provisioning form to provide technical data that IBM requires to enable service. Data required includes:
The provisioning form can be obtained from your business partner or IBM. The provisioning form is available with the contract documentation on IBM's PartnerWorld® Web site at ibm.com/partnerworld. The form can be returned by the client's IBM Business Partner, or the client can return the provisioning form directly to IBM.
Step 2: IBM enablement of the service
Once IBM has received the IBM Express Managed Security Services for e-mail security contract and provisioning form, the service should be available within ten business days.
When IBM service enablement is complete, the client administrator will receive an e-mail from the IBM Help Desk. This e-mail will include client administrator training material, the client's Insight ID (used to access the Web-based service management console, called "InSight"), and the phone number of the IBM Help Desk.
The IBM Help Desk will call the administrator with their Insight password. For security, passwords are not in the same e-mail as IDs and phone numbers. When the IBM Help Desk calls the administrator, they will have to verify their identity by answering the verification question they provided on the provisioning form.
Step 3: Training the client administrator
Administrators use an IBM Express Managed Security Services for e-mail security administrator portal called Insight to perform such functions as:
The service enablement e-mail from IBM to the administrator in step two will contain three training aids.
- A Webcast url that contains a slideshow and verbal instructions on the use of Insight
- Insight administrator guides for the services modules selected
- The IBM Help Desk phone number
Step 4: Client enablement of the service
Once IBM has enabled service, and the client administrator is familiar with his or her role and with Insight, the client can enable services by changing its mail routing records so that e-mails start to flow through the filtering systems. Instructions to do this are included in the e-mail sent from IBM to the client administrator in step two.
Step 5: Client administrator performs ongoing management of features
After services have commenced, the client administrator has the ability to access Insight to change features within the services procured. Insight also provides the client's usage data and statistics.
If a client wants to add or delete a service module or change the number of mailboxes supported by the services, the client should contact the IBM Business Partner, or IBM directly if no partner is engaged, to process a change in service.
- Access to the IBM Help Desk: First-line support is available from the IBM Help Desk, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IBM Help Desk toll-free phone number will be provided once a service contract is in place.
Please note: The Help Desk number is for support for existing service clients only. Pre-sales questions about the service should be directed to your IBM sales representative.
- Access to the IBM Incident Response Team: In the event your network is compromised, a team of computer forensic analysts will help determine how the problem occurred and what areas of the network have been compromised, and make recommendations on how to restore security.
An IBM Incident Response Team toll-free phone number will be available once a service contract is in place.
Please note: The Incident Response Team number is for support for existing service clients only. Pre-sales questions about the service should be directed to your IBM sales representative.
- The convenience of a managed service: 24x7 management of your e-mail security by our team of expert engineers and support personnel, including threat monitoring and response, plus 24x7 technical support.
Five days' prior written notice to IBM is required in order to cancel the Services during the 30-day risk-free period. This service delivers remote email screening only. Other services required to complete a total security solution are available from IBM but are not included under this offering. Registered domain required. Minimum order is 25 addresses at a per address price of $2.00.