Our Business Analytics & Strategy internship opportunities will be posted to this site in December 2015.
What will an IBM Business Analytics and Strategy internship offer?
- Competitive and interesting work: Ten-week paid internship program with exposure to Fortune 500 client work, with IBM’s commitment to invest in you as a potential full-time hire
- Exposure to the business: opportunity to attend IBM NYC business and educational events, leadership round tables (Fridays in-office), a trip to the Watson Research Lab, and first hand training in core consulting skills
- Meaningful relationships: Broad exposure to our business and our leaders, connections with a project buddy and project manager to allow for open communications regarding professional development, industry exposure, and networking opportunities
- Social events: Intern welcome event, networking opportunities, summer send-off event
What do we look for?
- MBA and/or MS candidates with concentration in relevant areas
- Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday, Friday as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Capacity and eagerness to learn new assignments, systems, and tools
- Aptitude for technology tools and applications
- Issue-based consulting skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere while making individual contributions
- History of achievement in academics, internships, and /or work
- For Strategy focused opportunities: business process development technology, package implementation and change management experience are highly valued
- For Analytics focused opportunities: the ability to define key business problems to be solved, formulating approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze, draw conclusions to present solutions.