MBA Strategy & Analytics Consultant Full Time Opportunities
Why do people turn to IBM business consulting?
They are trying to imagine what their future holds. They are looking for a unique capacity to conceptualize opportunities, analyze developments, and overcome grand challenges. At the most basic level, IBM’s defining value over the years has not been our assets, our size, or our offerings. It has been the way we think.
What will you do as a consultant in IBM Global Business Services?
As a consultant intern in our Commercial Sector, Strategy & Analytics, you will help develop innovative solutions for our clients’ most vital business and technical issues. Our diverse practice areas provide consulting services that enable clients to develop strategy; integrate process, technology, and information to reduce costs; and improve profit and shareholder value.
You will work with some of the brightest consulting minds in business to help clients achieve a competitive advantage in some of the following ways:
- Partner with company leaders to strategize, develop and transform their business capabilities to better understand the opportunities or implications when business and technology intersect
- Integrate client functions, such as sales, customer service, marketing, and business intelligence
- Assess, design and implement financial and accounting solutions
- Work with clients to improve Human Resource effectiveness using leading-edge HR management tools, software and best practice models
- Improve supply chain performance through optimizing processes, develop opportunities and transform service delivery
What will an IBM internship offer you?
- Ten-week paid internship program with exposure to Fortune 500 client work
- IBM’s commitment to invest in you as a potential full-time hire 12 months ahead
- Meaningful and challenging project work; intern ownership of assignments
- Broad exposure to our business and our leaders
- Clearly defined expectations of activities and deliverables to be completed during the internship
- Mentor program: Each intern will be paired with a project manager and a buddy to allow for open communications regarding development, growth, and networking opportunities
- Decisions regarding full-time employment offers will be made at the conclusion of the intern program
We are committed to providing a well-rounded internship experience
- Education: On-boarding training, core skills training, and relevant supplemental virtual training
- Project experience: Project selection, project buddy and project manager, roadmap and development plan
- Exposure to the business: Buddy and leadership networking, IBM NYC business and educational events, leadership speaking engagements and roundtables (Fridays in-office), a trip to Research Labs…and more
- Communications: Exchange of communication between the practice and interns, regular intern feedback, and project feedback
- Social events: Welcome dinners, networking events, and Send-Off Event
What do we look for?
- MBA candidates with concentration in relevant areas
- Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday, Friday as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership skills
- Issue-based consulting skills
- Capacity to learn new assignments, systems and tools
- History of achievement in academics, internships, and /or work
- Business process development technology, package implementation and change management experience highly valued