At IBM's 2010 SAP Executive Forum, successful global leaders representing some of the largest companies in the world shared their first-hand experiences and insights about their journeys toward global integration using SAP. The participating leaders transformed their enterprise operations working with IBM to implement SAP. Although from varied industries, five common themes and best practices spanned their individual, successful journeys.
- Develop clear targets to turn your strategy into reality, provide unwavering follow through on a clear vision, and be able to influence others to commit support.
- Establish pre-project emphasis on change management to help enable accurate decision making and allow your employees to become involved with, and care about, global integration.
- Successful teams make decisions quickly, and make them right the first time. The fewer times that you have to revisit a decision, the more solidly you can move forward.
- Take responsibility for defining the organization's processes before building a new system.
- Reduce IT costs by outsourcing support for your SAP environment.
What is a globally integrated enterprise? One that can operate seamlessly, leverage global assets, seize growth opportunities, and develop competencies and strong partnerships. A true globally integrated enterprise can navigate change and fluidly manage operations, expertise and resources, whether they reside inside of the organization or outside. It collaborates across firms and across geographic borders. And it can quickly enter new markets and seize new business opportunities wherever they arise, driving growth.
"Globally integrated enterprises are winning in today's economic environment by optimizing resources and capital productivity on a global basis."
— John Leffler, IBM Global Business Services, Global and Americas SAP Leader
Learn more about John Leffler on Linkedin
Laura Taylor, SAP Alliance Executive, IBM Global Business Services
Learn more about Laura Taylor on Linkedin
Dale Young, SAP Partner, IBM Global Business Services
Learn more about Dale Young on Linkedin
IBM leaders share insights on how globally integrated enterprises are winning in today's economic environment
IBM leaders share insights on enabling fast transformation