The sheer magnitude of compromised data from supposedly security-rich servers and mobile apps is shocking. Technologies such as virtualization and cloud help introduce new value to your business, but they can also add complexity to your infrastructure without really enhancing security measures. Hackers devise new ways to intercept sensitive data and plan malicious attacks on your systems every day.
The application security assessment from IBM taps the expertise of the IBM® X-Force® team to help resolve application and security issues before data thieves can exploit them.
We provide a “hacker’s eye” view of your security posture through attack simulations and assessing apps and the networks that support them. With the application security assessment, you get:
- Enhanced security and data protection
Simulated attacks identify weaknesses in your applications and provide detailed remediation steps
- Mobile application dynamic assessment
Penetration testing on mobile apps takes a hacker’s approach to identify and fix vulnerabilities that can lead to exploitation and attacks
- Improved compliance management
IBM assesses your compliance state and delivers specialized security consulting to help you manage regulatory compliance
- Reduced cost and complexity
Industry-leading assessment tools and services can be more economical than maintaining in-house security expertise
- Improved performance
The assessment helps reduce application downtime and improve productivity
- Continuous reporting
Detailed reports include recommendations for mitigating discovered risks
- Leading security intelligence and resources
Data analysis produces actionable and in-depth IBM insights that help reduce operating risk and effort
IBM X-Force Research and Development is one of the world’s leading commercial security research and development teams. These security professionals monitor and analyze security issues from a variety of sources, including the X-Force database of more than 76,000 computer security vulnerabilities, its global web crawler and its international spam collectors.
IBM employs thousands of analysts and delivery specialists who provide security services for clients around the world. Our systems monitor 15 billion network events for our clients daily across 133 countries.
2014 Cost of Data Breach Study
Industry-leading benchmarks from Ponemon Institute, sponsored by IBM.
Top 10 CSIRP mistakes to avoid
Get the latest reports
Fallout: The Reputational Impact of IT Risk with Forbes Insight
2014 Cyber Security Intelligence Index
Who are the targets? What are the trends?
Q3 2014 X-Force report
Learn about long term impact of the Heartbleed vulnerability disclosure
- Threat management and analysis services (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Securing the web presence (PPT, 6MB)
- Building a security incident response plan that works (PDF, 376KB)
- Cloud-based security-management services for web applications (PDF, 128KB)
- IBM Security Services Client References Guide (PDF, 1MB)
- Preventing Security Risks in Real Time (PDF, 786KB)
- Surviving the Technical Security Skills Crisis (PDF, 1MB)
- Responding to - and recovering from - sophisticated security attacks (PDF, 488KB)
- IBM Security Services Cyber Security Intelligence Index
- Watch the video (YouTube, 00:00:58)