As the demand for continuous business operations increases, the need for shorter recovery times becomes even more critical. A single minute of downtime can prove costly. Staying functional during and after an outage requires a reliable system recovery solution.
IBM Cloud Virtualized Server Recovery (VSR)™ is a fully managed cloud disaster recovery service that enables you to recover your virtualized or physical servers on a virtualized cloud infrastructure at an IBM secure, hardened recovery center. It is a ready-to-go managed service that customers can leverage to avoid the investment and time needed to build, operate and manage a resiliency solution.
To ensure that your most critical applications stay safe, functional, and accessible, you need a trusted partner. IBM's tools, technology, and expertise make us a leader in business continuity and resilience. With IBM Cloud Virtualized Server Recovery you can achieve:
- Faster recovery time: IBM leverages automation and cloud technologies to help reduce server recovery time and improve recovery reliability
- Reduced risk of failure: Our service helps reduce the risk of failure in server recovery situations involving unlike hardware
- Predictable costs: IBM can provide around-the-clock monitoring of the recovery environment at a monthly subscription price to help you better predict your costs
- Public, private or hybrid cloud: Available on a variety of platforms, including SoftLayer
- Support for both cloud and traditional environments: Our solution supports both cloud and traditional environments; we also support a wide range of server types and operating system environments
- Streamlined recovery: Our service provides a single, unified recovery procedure for diverse server environments—whether virtualized or nonvirtualized, or running different operating systems (Microsoft Windows, IBM® AIX® or Linux)
- A fully managed service: As a fully managed service, IBM Cloud Virtualized Server Recovery requires no additional investment in special tools, training, or maintenance
Download the data sheet (727KB)
Download the service profile (485KB)
How it works
IBM Cloud Virtualized Server Recovery helps you streamline recovery and improve server recovery reliability by providing:
- Continuous 24x7 replication of the entire server image to VSR protection.
- High availability of critical applications like email and customer relationship management (CRM) through virtualization and short RTO/RPO
- Around-the-clock monitoring of the recovery environment at a monthly subscription price to help better predict your costs
- A wide range of data protection options—from backup tapes for longer recovery times, to companion storage replication and vaulting services that can help shorten recovery times.
- A centralized, security-rich and multitiered web portal where images and data are moved electronically, enabling a single recovery procedure across unlike server environments
Gartner Names IBM as a Leader for Disaster Recovery as a Service
A four-step journey to always on
Virtualizing disaster recovery using cloud computing
Video: IBM Cloud Virtualized Server recovery (00:02:56)
Video: See how the VSR portal works (00:04:03)
Video: See how IBM delivers new cloud services to SoftLayer clients (00:03:28)