Part of the comprehensive IBM Server Product Services for Linux portfolio, IBM Implementation Services for Linux is designed to provide a structured, standardised approach to the installation and configuration of the SUSE Linux®or Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system. The offering can help speed the implementation process, minimise disruptions and downtime, reduce implementation risk and enable you to realise the benefits of your new Linux technology-based systems more quickly.
- Reduce the time it takes to implement the SUSE Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system on your servers
- Supplement your internal staff with IBM resources experienced in Linux technology
- Help ensure that your Linux servers are properly configured to help maximise your return on investment
- Reduce implementation risk
- Help minimise disruptions and downtime
Enjoy the advantages of your new Linux platform-based systems more quickly
A lack of experienced Linux professionals in-house doesn't mean that you have to delay or cancel your Linux implementation. With IBM Implementation Services for Linux, you can rely on IBM's knowledge and experience to help you quickly and reliably install and configure Linux enterprise distributions in your IT environment.
IBM Implementation Services for Linux is designed to accelerate the implementation process - helping you to enjoy the advantages of your new Linux platform-based systems sooner. Plus, IBM's processes and tools help you virtually eliminate configuration errors, reducing the chances of problems occurring after the implementation is completed.
Choose from a comprehensive suite of Linux implementation services
The IBM Implementation Services for Linux suite has four components:
- IBM Implementation Services for Linux distributions - is designed to enable faster implementation of the Linux operating system on all IBM POWER™ and Intel®processor-based servers, as well as on IBM System z™ servers as well as Intel®processor-based servers.
- IBM Implementation Services for Linux server consolidation - enables you to consolidate your dispersed applications and data onto only the servers you really need. You could potentially reduce IT complexity, increase system management efficiencies and improve your security profile.
- IBM Implementation Services for Linux high performance computing clusters - helps you optimise the computing power of your IBM System x™ server clusters. This service is designed to accelerate implementation time, reduce costs, improve cluster reliability and ensure that your new cluster environment meets your specific needs.
- IBM Implementation Services for Linux - high availability clusters facilitates the rapid, cost-effective implementation and configuration of Linux cluster environments. The service is designed to help you enhance the availability of your business-critical applications and services, lower your total cost of ownership and realise return on investment more quickly.