Webcast "IBM Services for System z: Helping Clients Optimize through Consolidation"
Almost universally, organizations have spent the last few decades increasing their use of IT to support business operations. More business applications. More enterprise e-mail capabilities. More automation. More access to data and the Internet, both inside and outside the office.
To keep up with increasing business demands and emerging technologies, many organizations added additional capacity — often finding themselves laden with complex, sprawling IT infrastructures. Management costs increased while server utilization rates fell. Meanwhile, mergers and acquisitions contributed to the complexity.
Little by little, organizations are regaining control over their server infrastructures, realizing that the complexity can make it difficult to adapt to changing business conditions. They are aiming to simplify and optimize their computing environments in order to:
- Reduce costs
- Achieve business innovation initiatives
- Improve application and network service levels
- Deploy new applications and technologies quickly and cost-effectively
- Streamline mergers and acquisitions
- Address compliance with corporate policies and governmental regulations
- Manage business growth
Driving business growth through a resilient, accessible and adaptable computing environment
IBM provides a broad portfolio of server services to help you optimize your computing environment and cost-effectively improve its utilization, availability, security and management. We can help you build and manage a dynamic infrastructure that supports business, operational and product innovation.
Our services include:
- IBM Server Optimization and Integration Services — helping you reduce IT infrastructure complexity in order to optimize performance, reduce operational management costs and increase adaptability to facilitate business growth and change
- IBM Server Managed Services — providing the skills, areas of expertise, processes, tools and methodologies needed to help optimize the management of your server environment — without significant up-front investments
- IBM Emerging Server Technology Services — helping you take advantage of leading-edge technologies in order to increase system utilization, simplify systems management and enable key capabilities of business innovation initiatives
- IBM Server Product Services for IBM System i™, IBM System p™, IBM System x™ and IBM System z™ servers, Linux® and Microsoft® operating systems, and non-IBM server products — helping you shorten the time required to plan, implement and deploy new servers and software, so you can adopt new technology more quickly and improve end user service levels
The anticipated benefits
IBM server services can help your organization:
- Refresh technology quickly to boost productivity
- Respond more rapidly to changing business requirements
- Optimize IT assets by transforming and automating services
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Create a security-rich, highly available server environment
- Address governmental regulations
- Enhance in-house resource skills
- Free resources to focus on developing new capabilities
- Lower costs and increase revenue