Your business has to meet ever-changing demands and your IT infrastructure needs to keep pace with increasing technological complexity, costs, performance, security and regulatory requirements. You need a standardised, cost effective and flexible IT infrastructure, plus access to the available skills to manage the applications and workloads your business depends on. IBM Virtual Server Services (VSS) offers a highly standardised and secure infrastructure tiered service delivered from a shared IBM facility. Services are flexible and capacity or usage-based, with variable pricing for consumption of server, storage and network resources. VSS has a tiered service designed to meet different client needs and workloads. The solution includes capacity provisioning, infrastructure and system management and reporting capabilities.
- Control complexity of in-house infrastructures by replacing or complementing in-house physical servers with virtual ones
- Facilitate standardisation by helping reduce the number of disparate systems and tools required to manage an in-house environment
- Reduce and control management costs, helping optimise investments in IT infrastructure and lower total cost of ownership
- Align cost with today's business requirements and improve flexibility and responsiveness to business needs via the ability to add or subtract virtual server resources with ease as workload demands shift
- Reduce risk through the reliability, resiliency and security features of a hosted environment provided by IBM
- Reduce capital investment through not requiring an upfront investment in processing and storage infrastructure
Solution overview - how does it work?
IBM Virtual Server Services provides clients access to a shared virtualised infrastructure hosted in an IBM managed facility.
- VMware virtual machine hosting utilising IBM's Virtual Server Services (VSS) platform running on highly scalable/redundant IBM x Series, for Windows or Linux
- Managed Storage Services (MSS) – IBM Enterprise Storage
- Hosted in an Tier 3 data centre
- IBM Provides an SLA of 99.95% on the infrastructure
- Tiered levels of service to match the management needs of each server
- Managed Services of the Windows or Linux hosted virtual machines based on IBM proven processes, experience and governance model, including:
- 24 x 7 monitoring and alerting
- 24 x 7 incident response
- 24 x 7 proactive troubleshooting
- Enterprise Storage Management
- Shared Switch/Router Management (between virtual and physical servers)
- 24 x 7 access to IBM's award winning Service Desk in Ballarat via a 1300 service and with the option of a Service Connection Portal.
Virtual Server Services is charged on a monthly rated service for processing capacity.
- Standard price offering includes a Guest with the following specifications:
- 1 vCPU*, 1 GB of RAM*, 30 GB of Tier 1 SAN Storage with Scale up capacity available as needed.
Find studies, papers and briefs on this topic