Our view: Many of our transportation systems are inadequate to serve the needs of the 21st century. By integrating technology and intelligence into the physical transportation infrastructure, we can reduce economic and environmental impact, improve capacity, and make our transportation systems more efficient, safe, and secure.
Travel and transportation solutions
Deep industry expertise provides the foundation for solving the most complex business problems.
Industry-specific software assets for deploying business solutions faster with lower costs and risk
- Business Analytics solutions for travel & transportation (US)
- Business Analytics solutions for hospitality (US)
- IBM Maximo solutions for travel & transportation (US)
- ILOG products and solutions (US)
Business partner solutions
- IBM and SABRE Airline Solutions (PDF, 24KB)
- SABRE Airline Solutions (Link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Travel and transportation Industry Network Showcase
- IBM and SAP solutions for travel and transportation (US)
Research, analysis and perspectives explore the most relevant travel and transportation industry issues.
- Airlines 2020 (US)
- Insights from the Global CEO Study: Travel & Transportation Edition (PDF, 1.31MB)
- Smooth operations: Smarter transportation systems (PDF, 387KB)
- Creating smarter airports. An opportunity to transform travel and trade (PDF, 538KB)
- The Smarter railroad: An opportunity for the Railroad Industry (US)
- Intelligent Transport: How cities can improve mobility (US)
- All research from the IBM Institute for Business Value (US)