For clients in highly regulated industries who need secure data center space in proximity to their primary operations or at a distance, IBM managed continuity services provide resilient, dedicated data center space, onsite services and operational support to help clients achieve continuous operations. Our strategically located sites offer cost-efficient power and cooling and a security-rich environment that meets Tier III or better Uptime Institute requirements at most sites supporting this service.
Managed continuity enables clients to expense facility and service costs as predictable and ongoing operational costs, so they don’t incur large up-front capital expenses. By providing ongoing operational support, managed continuity can also help clients reduce operating expenses.
Using client-owned IT, IBM managed continuity services provide, unlike many competitor offerings, a full range of resiliency infrastructure services in end-to-end integrated continuity solutions.
IBM managed continuity helps clients achieve business continuity by provisioning and managing a dedicated resiliency center.
- Provides security-rich space for a resiliency center.
- Provisions the center with client-owned equipment, helping clients control capital investment.
- Manages the infrastructure to reduce risk of downtime and help ensure compliance.
- Can provide ongoing operations support to help manage operating expenses and sustain productivity.
- Limits the risks of outages and downtime through a dedicated, hardened security-rich resiliency center with options for ongoing operations support
- Provides an integrated, forward-looking resiliency solution
- Minimizes capital investment, reduces operating expense and improves staff productivity
- Develop a resiliency-center implementation plan
- Install access controls, surveillance and security
- Certify power and networking readiness and tailor them to requirements
- Acquire, relocate, install and cable IT for the center
- Satisfy on demand requests by supplementing in-house staff
- Manages auditable compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supports management and maintenance of data to support compliance
IBM Managed Resiliency Services ensures managed business continuity at the desired level for your business.
- Managed Availability
- Enhanced Recovery Point Objectives - Enhances recovery point objectives to the last logged production transaction at the time of an outage emergency
- Reduced Recovery Time Objectives - Reduces recovery time objectives, enabling you to quickly recover and respond to customer demands
- Multivendor Environment Compatible - Offers proven processes available across a wide range of multivendor platforms
- Managed continuity
- Secure Infrastructure - Provides a secure infrastructure to manage active/active or active/passive resiliency environments for clients
- Managed continuity combines the benefits of IBM’s history of global leadership in data center hosting with IBM’s tested continuity and high-availability capabilities
Find studies, papers and briefs on this topic