Increasingly, organisations have found that they can benefit by adopting information lifecycle management (ILM) principles. These concepts help turn data and insight into action, support improved decision making, align the value of information with storage costs and facilitate compliance with regulations. ILM efforts often include classifying and prioritizing business-critical data while designing and implementing a storage infrastructure that corresponds with business requirements for information management.
IBM Information Lifecycle Management Services - assessment, planning, design and implementation is designed to enable an information-centric IT environment. These services help you:
• Define a strategy and roadmap for adopting ILM-based best practices to support your business and IT objectives
• Classify data and design and implement policy-based data management
• Optimise your storage and data environment by adopting approaches such as virtualisation and tiered storage
• Design and implement an overall archival and retention approach that helps to reduce costs and manage risk while supporting regulatory compliance
• Plan and execute an integrated ILM strategy
• Govern information management in your organisation, with a focus on identifying critical information and ensuring it is available for decision making
Whether you want to acquire a full information lifecycle management solution or only require assistance, IBM can help you apply ILM-based best practices to support business growth and regulatory compliance.
IBM Information Lifecycle Management Services