IBM’s Application Management Services (AMS) provides a complete set of offerings that address the full spectrum of a customer's application development and maintenance (AD/M) needs. AMS offerings are designed to help clients reduce costs while increasing the value of the AD/M function to their enterprise.
AMS provides a flexible approach enabling customers to select the scope of services that are right for their business. Services range from IBM managing the complete portfolio of a customer's applications down to provision of just a subset of services across a selected set of applications.
IBM Global Business Services, includes the team behind the dedicated Ireland SAP AMS Flex solution, and has an established reputation as a global leader in providing SAP Support services. Our combined industry, business-process and technology expertise has been tested, proven and recognized…time and again. Our size and experience means we can tailor cost effective flexible solutions and services provided by our team of local Service and Project Managers whilst maximising the use of Global Delivery resources.
IBM SAP Application Management Services Flex for SAP is a shared service model which deploys partial FTE SAP resources and enables IBM to deliver a cost effective solution for clients who do not require a full time dedicated SAP support team.
The service is made up of a unique tiered SAP Application Management offering. Our Bronze-Silver-Gold model provides three options of services tailored for your application management requirements.
- Read more about SAP Support…
- Support calls - resolution of up to an agreed-upon number of “Business As Usual” support tickets per month.
- Minor enhancements – draw down of IBM SAP expertise for minor enhancement work within the available capacity of the agreed tier.
- Project management - An IBM project manager, the main point of contact for the client, is responsible for managing the IBM support team and is part of the IBM governance model, allowing for a clearly defined escalation path.
- Liaise with SAP – For software product issues (e.g. product bugs/error messages) that need to be referred to SAP or IBM Enterprise Support team with the correspondence managed and relayed to the customer by IBM.
- Production change release - IBM will support promotion of changes to the production system and an agreed number of change release windows.
- SAP system health checks - A variety of system function checks covering items such as interfaces, backups, SAP status, database and the file system.
- SAP patch advice - Recommendations on patch levels for SAP and its database for the production environment.
- SAP system performance assessment - Includes analysis and corrective action on a monthly basis and a one-page report detailing scope of analysis and recommendations.
Why choose IBM?
- First and longest-lasting SAP Support partner: A strong collaborative alliance since 1989
- Robust governance models, tools, methodologies and templates to respond and deliver on your SAP support requirements
- A large and experienced SAP practice: More than 9,000 dedicated SAP practitioners worldwide, averaging over seven years of experience each
- IBM Ireland supports over 15 SAP clients with our specialised local team of Project and Service Managers
- Ireland specific SAP support delivery centre in India
- The highest client satisfaction rating: IBM is the only systems integrator to win the SAP Award of Excellence every year, in every country where it’s been offered.
- A leader in successful engagements: More than 3,700 successful SAP engagements at 6,000 sites
- Industry leadership: Recognized as a worldwide leader in the application management services market by IDC (2009)
Strategic Outsourcing Support
AMS Strategic Outsourcing provide clients with an IBM team operating strategically at the heart of their own organisation, benefiting from immediate cost savings driven through a base set of services and initiatives tailored to meet each of our client's challenges. AMS Ireland can provide various service models depending on the client need, maturity and commitment. These include Full Outsourcing, Portfolio Outsourcing, Co Management and Application Co-Sourcing.
- Read more about Strategic Outsourcing Support…
- AMS Strategic Outsourcing assumes the management of all or part of our clients’ application portfolio and portions of infrastructure (where required) to enable focus on core strategic business competencies. Application outsourcing encompasses the end-to-end application management capabilities in concert with infrastructure outsourcing that can help reduce overall application management costs. In addition, delivered application enhancements and modernization activities have been proven to improve time-to-market and enhanced user productivity. This service provides support for existing applications to optimize performance and lower the overhead costs for supporting our clients most valuable and critical business applications
- IBM currently has a broad and extensive list of clients from within the telecommunications, public and financial sectors availing of multi year AMS contracts, where we have taken responsibility for support, maintenance, development, enhancement and evolution of our clients enterprise or business unit’s application portfolio. We apply our deep business and technology skills and world-class business processes to streamline application management functions, improve governance, and modernize the application portfolio in support of future business needs and regulatory or strategic changes.
The benefits to clients of the AMS outsourcing model will include some or all of the following:
- Cost reduction and improved quality of ongoing support and management of a client’s application portfolio
- Optimizes application management activities through the deployment of globally consistent processes, procedures and tooling
- Improves governance and best practices to focus on IT initiatives to drive business value
- AMS’s Full Application Outsourcing Services drives additional value which delivers immediate and extensive cost savings, with contractual Service Level Agreements related to performance and productivity
- Enables increased focus on care strategic issues
- Provides ability to scale and expand the business as needed
- Enables increased focus on core strategic business issues
- Provides ability to scale and expand the business as needed
- More effectively enables mergers and acquisitions
- Establishes an application platform that supports and drives business process change and flexibility
- The AMS Application Outsourcing model is a service which incorporates a base set of services and initiatives tailored to meet each client's challenges. To ensure our clients have a full range of options available to them, AMS regularly partner with IBM Global Technology services to work together to provide outsourcing solutions which include not only end user support but extend to network, storage and disaster recovery services which can reduce costs and risks whilst improving service levels for both applications and infrastructure
The services available to our clients include
AMS Ireland works across all lines of IBM business to deliver high quality, cost effective outsourcing solutions. AMS’S Outsourcing services delivery blends best of breed industry expertise with technical methods and best practices to meet client requirements
In addition to working across IBM business Units, AMS Ireland has built up strategic long term partnerships with a large variety of 3rd parties, which provides AMS with access to critical market skills which provides access to a large and varied key set of niche competencies.
AMS Full Application Outsourcing enables our clients to gain business value by optimizing their application portfolio and aligning it to their business priorities
Systems Integration Support
For clients looking for tactical support for an individual deployed application product, a custom application, or subset of integrated applications, we can provide a package of consulting services and annuity system integration support services for a variety of business applications including: Client Relationship Management, Financial Management, Human Capital Management, and Supply Chain Management applications. Our AMS Systems Integration Support team brings an unparalleled breadth of service and depth of expertise to support client’s goals from teams based locally or globally.
- Read more about AMS Systems Integration Support…
- Our service offerings and solutions enable effective integrated support for both Application Development and Application Maintenance activities. Knowledge and understanding of the systems is captured, stored and shared during application development, or at the start of a support service, and thereafter managed to enable better maintenance and support through different stages of the project life cycle, and applied using best practice tools and procedures to support seamless transition from development to maintenance, with ensured continuity of service. We work with clients to provide applications support that enables value-creating enterprise-wide business and IT strategies, while addressing economic, regulatory, environmental and technological drivers, and in the context of continuous improvement
- IBM currently has a broad and extensive list of supported clients across all sectors, where we have taken responsibility for development, enhancement and evolution of enterprise or business unit’s application portfolios. We apply our deep business and technology skills, combined with world-class business processes to streamline application management functions, to improve governance and modernize the application portfolio in support of future business needs and strategic shifts.
The benefits to clients of the AMS SI model will include some or all of the following:
- Faster response to business needs and visibility to delivery execution
- Potential 10 -15% improved quality and productivity based on initial findings
- Faster time to market
- Dynamic mobility of work drives lower cost and risk
- Scale that matches the client need
- Standardized and automated methods, processes and tools
- Strong portfolio of reusable assets for accelerated delivery
- Seamless integration of geographically distributed teams
- Development and establishment of an application platform that supports and drives business process change and flexibility
- The AMS System Integration model incorporates a wide range of services and initiatives tailored to meet each client's challenges. Current focus areas for AMS SI Ireland include the following
Application Portfolio Assessment
This service profiles the client’s application portfolio, identifying issues and constraints based on the business and IT strategy along with opportunities for improvement. IBM will work with individual clients to gain application insights which are assessed against a framework of filters and result in recommendations which can enable enterprise transformation and optimize application alignment with business priorities along with the financial impact. One client benefit is realised through the improved alignment between business and IT functions through removal of complexity and risks
APA uses a range of solutions focusing on rationalization and consolidation of applications and data.
- Application consolidation where redundant and/or overlapping systems are consolidated into a single application
- Data quality analysis, improvement and conversion are critical elements of application modernization programs
- Platform migration to new consolidated architecture
- Services are delivered as standalone engagements or as an end-to-end, strategic program of change, both using a fully co-ordinated approach between the workstreams
Cloud Computing presents new opportunities to accelerate the business value received from the software delivery life cycle. AMS provides a set of offerings that help clients identify the potential opportunity of moving to a cloud environment as well as cloud solutions for application virtualization and performance testing. These offerings provide significant value to clients by reducing the costs associated with infrastructure and improving the time involved with setting up test environments. Offerings include:
1. Testing Service for Cloud - performance testing including web and mobile application testing
2. Testing Services for Cloud - application virtualization
The benefits to clients of cloud computing include:
- Accelerates time-to-value with rapid delivery of cloud-delivered services that drive down cycle time, and enable flexible, scalable development and test environments
- Increases level of testing based on virtualized capabilities
- Leverages unique assets, innovations and process accelerators only available through the collaboration of IBM Software Group, IBM Research, IBM Business Partners and the leader in Application and Testing Services.
- Improves quality and speed across the application life cycle
- Simplifies resource governance and control while enabling leading practices
- Increases operational dexterity freeing up resources for new areas of growth
- Increases resource flexibility and availability and maximizes asset utilization
- Reduces infrastructure costs and reduces the cost of finding and fixing defects by moving test earlier in the development life cycle