Enhance customer satisfaction, reduce costs and expand to new markets
With MVSS, IBM acts as your technical support organization for your hardware product(s). IBM MVSS is a scalable and customizable service that can provide the support infrastructure and skills to help deliver world-class post-sales technical support. It is designed to provide comprehensive, single-source services often for less cost than maintaining in-house skills or multiple service contracts. With IBM on your team, you can expand from a local or regional business to a national or international business.
- Offers virtually unmatched global resources and infrastructure for more scalable and customizable technical support services
- Facilitates more streamlined and cost-effective support with single-source solutions
- Grow your business by serving new markets
It is a fundamental rule of business—treat customers well and they will remain customers. One of the ways customers judge how well you treat them is by the speed and quality of support they receive when they have problems. World-class technical support can mean the difference between keeping or losing a valued customer.
IBM Managed Vendor Support Services offers technical support with flexible coverage, local resources skilled in diagnosing/resolving urgent problems, and a detailed process with quality controls. Service elements include:
- Service assessment for current post-sales support to help you clarify and prioritize the best combination of post-sales technical support services for your unique needs and budget
- Call-center support to help capture your customers’ support issues and validate whether their machines are entitled to services
- Technical support center services (TSC) for robust level-one (L1) and level-two (L2) support to help remotely identify the problem and either guide the customer to a resolution or coordinate level-three (L3) engineering support from the manufacturer, if necessary
- Resource management center (RMC) services to support TSC by helping to schedule engineers to perform onsite services, order parts, and coordinate and monitor service calls and service-level agreements
- Parts logistics management, which includes inventory management, parts stocking and delivery and automated parts tracking to facilitate remote technical support
- Onsite support, including break-fix support, preplanned maintenance, machine and parts replacements, installations, moves and equipment changes
- Central and depot services to assist with offsite repair or fulfillment of product returns worldwide—as well as non-defect testing and other laboratory testing to help reduce sporadic product failure and after-sales support incidents
IBM can help increase client satisfaction through consistent support processes and outstanding client experience. With over 30 years of supporting manufacturers of all sizes, we are well equipped to help you deliver value to your customers while safeguarding your brand.