Wherever sensitive corporate or personal information is divulged, stored or distributed, security regulations rightfully abound. Compliance with the complex regulatory requirements enacted by both the public and private sectors is no easy task. While the "why" of most regulations involve privacy issues, the "how" regarding the assessment and implementation of security measures can vary significantly from one industry to the next.
Experts in compliance and regulatory requirements
IBM's security expertise stretches across a broad range of services that can be provided for through a variety of methods such as security consultants, managed security services, cloud based security services and physical security services. This broad range of security services offers IBM clients flexibility in choosing the delivery methods that best fits their organizations financial and compliance needs.
Professional Security Services
Security Health Check offering will define and document gaps found in administrative, technical and/or security controls across the entire enterprise by comparing to a best practices model (eg. ISO 27002, to a regulation (eg. HIPAA) or an industry standard (eg. PCI). IBM security consultants are specially trained and certified in the regulations that affect your business. Our security consultants will assess your existing security processes and make recommendations to help your organization prepare for, and pass, periodic security audits. IBM security consultants follow a five-step process to help you meet and exceed regulatory compliance requirements. These five steps include:
This methodical approach to information security helps your organization meet the security best practices that keep you in compliance with the regulatory requirements of your industry.
Managed Security Services
IBM Managed Security Services provides 24/7/365 monitoring and management of security technologies that fulfill key aspects of regulatory compliance requirements. IBM provides a single management console and view of your entire security infrastructure, allowing you to mix and match by device type, vendor and service level to meet your individual business needs while drastically reducing your security costs, simplifying security management and accelerating your speed to protection and compliance.
- IBM Infrastructure Security Services - Intrusion Detection and Prevention System Management (US)
- IBM Infrastructure Security Services - Unified Threat Management Service (US)
- IBM Identity and Access Management Services - User Activity Compliance Management (US)
- IBM Identity and Access Management Services - Managed Identity Services (US)
Cloud Security Services
IBM Cloud Security Services offerings harness the power of the IBM Virtual-Security Operations Center platform to deliver high-value services that require little or no security device investment or maintenance, making the total cost of ownership much lower than what you would incur performing these security services in-house.
- IBM Infrastructure Security Services - Hosted Vulnerability Management
- IBM Infrastructure Security Services - X-Force hosted threat analysis service
- IBM Security Governance, Risk and Compliance - Hosted Security Event and Log Management Service (US)
- IBM Data Security Services - Hosted e-mail and Web Security (US)
Physical Security Services
Making your facilities or your city a safer place is challenging. Digitizing your physical security surveillance can help you reduce the time and costs required to collect and store video while meeting that challenge. By integrating digital video surveillance and analytic security technologies with your network and IT systems, you can increase effectiveness, property safety and regulatory compliance.
- Physical Security Services - Command and control center solution (US)
- Physical Security Services - Digital video surveillance (US)
- Physical Security Services - Video analytics for physical security (US)
What we offer
IBM Security Services can help you assess compliance and meet all 12 requirements of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.