Our view: For communications service providers (CSPs), offering cloud-based services is the way forward for business expansion and revenue growth. CSPs that evolve into cloud service providers could expand well beyond the traditional communications industry services market, extending their presence into a vastly larger market of network-powered blended services. This paper examines ways that CSPs can take advantage of cloud computing internally, and externally as a cost-effective way to create, manage, and monetize cloud-based services for their customers.
Read the report: Becoming a cloud service provider: The evolution of communications service providers (PDF, 430KB)
Deep industry expertise provides the foundation for solving the most complex business problems.
- Assurance/fulfillment (US)
- Business intelligence (US)
- Billing/CRM (US)
- Infrastructure (US)
- Service innovation (US)
Telecommunications for a smarter planet
Industry-specific software assets for deploying business solutions faster with lower costs and risk
- Business analytics for telecommunications (US)
- Business Process Management for Communications Service Providers (CSPs) (US)
- Cognos solutions for telecommunications (US)
- Next-generation network solutions and products (US)
- Rational communications solutions (US)
- IBM Service Management from Tivoli for telecommunications (US)
Business partner solutions
Research, analysis and perspectives explore the most relevant telecommunications industry issues.