Our view: Build a smarter city and position it to thrive with "brains and creativity;" the basis of a new economy. Growth and competitive differentiation are increasingly being driven by the skills and innovation of a highly diverse and mobile workforce. Cities will need to better apply advanced technology, analytics and systems thinking to help attract, create, enable and retain their citizen's skills, knowledge and creativity.
Read the IBM Institute for Business Value report: "Smarter cities for smarter growth: How cities can optimize their systems for the talent-based economy" (US)
Deep industry expertise provides the foundation for solving the most complex government problems.
Integrated Citizen-Centered Services – Social Services and Social Security
Green Government – Energy and Environment Leadership
Sense and Respond Capabilities – Protecting the Nation
Sense and Respond Capabilities – Public Safety and Security
Solutions for All Agencies – Managing Resources
Government for a smarter planet
Industry-specific software assets for deploying business solutions faster with lower costs and risk
- Cognos analytics and perfomance management for government (US)
- Enterprise content management for government (US)
- IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Services (US)
- InfoSphere comprehensive data warehouse solution for government (US)
- Rational software lifecycle management and governance for government (US)
- Solution on System z for government
- Tivoli service management for government (US)
- WebSphere solutions for government (US)
Ready to buy?
View special offers for all US government customers, or select your state to view prices reflecting your contract or special discounts from IBM.
Research, analysis and perspectives explore the most relevant government industry issues.
- IBM Global CEO Study: Global Public Sector Executive Summary (PDF, 1.33MB)
- The New Voice of the CIO - Global Government Executive Summary (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Government 2020 Collaboration Mandate (US)
- The yin yang of financial disruption: Maxims for forging a path to financial stability and healthy financial innovation (US)
- All research from the IBM Institute for Business Value (US)